Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Check out the playlist for my upcoming book "Out of Ashes"!  










Sneek Peek of "Out of Ashes":




“Happy Birthday to me. There's a psycho lady chasing me! She's delusional and freakin' crazy. Happy Birthday to me!” I sang to myself while running away from some creeper, stalker chick that had been watching me for the past couple of weeks. Finally, on my birthday of all days, she got a bit too close for comfort, so I hauled ass in the opposite direction, and of course she followed.
Ducking down an alley, I hit a dead end and I could hear her footsteps quickly approaching. “Shit!” I huffed out, seeing the only ways out were a fire escape ladder about nine feet above me, which no way in hell could my measly five-foot, five frame get to, and a fence topped with razor wire. I really didn't feel like getting any new piercings or body modifications, so I decided against both options and again ground out through clenched teeth, “shit!” 
She appeared in the alley, huffing and puffing, and I smirked, knowing I could have ran for days and never broke a sweat. “Good God Kane, how are you still breathing?” She gasped, hunching over at the waist. My head tilted at her use of my name. 
“Do I know you?” I asked, eyeballing her wearily. “Please listen to me.” She panted a bit more. “You are in danger, we need to get you somewhere safe.” 
 “Danger!?” My heart started to pound. “You've been stalking me for weeks, of course I'm in danger!” I barked out. I was so jazzed up, I could feel my skin start to tingle. 
 “Not from me Kane,” She took a few steps toward me. “Please, we have much to discuss, but not here. You must stay calm.” 
 “Stay where you are!” I warned her. I wasn't a fighter by any means, but I wasn't above a good bitch fight. Hair pulling, bitch slapping. The whole nine yards. I'd do whatever was necessary. With every second that passed, I could feel my heart pound faster and my skin buzz harder. I swear if you got close enough you could hear it. 
 “Kane, you must calm down. It's imperative. You're moments from a Renewal.” This chick had seriously flipped her lid! 
“I have no idea what the hell you're talking about, but I'll calm down when you leave me the hell alone!” 
 “Dammit, it's too late.” She sighed, shaking her head. “Kane, right now I need you not to panic.” “Panic? Who are you to tell me...” Something was way wrong. “Do you smell smoke?” The buzzing was getting louder now and was turning more into a sizzle. I looked down at my hands and smoke was rising off of my skin. “Oh my God! What the hell is happening to me?!” Looking up at her, I saw her check her watch. “Three thirty-three exactly. Happy Birthday Kane.” 
 Watching my hands, no more than a second after she spoke those words, my entire body burst into flames. I couldn't even scream I was so mortified. Then about half a second later my brain kicked in. “Fuck! Fire! Stop, drop, and roll. Stop, drop, and roll!” Following my verbal instructions however, did nothing to snuff out the flames. It finally dawned on me as I was rolling around on the probably piss covered alley ground, that I was feeling no pain. 
 “Kane, stop fighting it!” The strange woman's voice penetrated my panic. 
 “Why am I not dead? Why am I not writhing in pain? Why am I not crispy by now? And why the flying fuck am I on fire to begin with?!” I cried out as I watched the last shreds of my clothes burn to dust. 
 “Kane listen to me,” She was a whole lot closer now. Close enough for me to see the color of her eyes, dark green with flecks of amber. “You need to sit there and let your fire renew you. Then you must finish your Renewal by stoking in your ashes until the embers are completely burned out.” “This is insane! You're crazy!” I growled, sitting back on the ground, watching the flames dance over my arms. 
 “Says the woman on fire.” She crossed her arms, glaring down at me. And boy was I. I was burning so bright I could have probably be seen from space! 
 “And who the hell are you anyway? And how do you know so much about me and whatever it is that I am?” I questioned her rapidly, hoping the flames would die soon. 
 “My name is Renna Logan, and I am Fire Bound. You Kane River are a Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment